Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost to $1,000!

As you can probably tell by the title of my post I'm almost to $1,000 or 1/4 of the cost of my trip. My exact total as of Thurs. is $939 so I'm $61 away. God has been amazing in providing the beginning finances for my trip as I just sent the letters out a little over a week ago. I have also been amazed by the amount that my friends and family have donated and I just want to say thank you for that. I still have about $3,000 to go, but I know that it will all come in eventually. All I have to do is rely on God to provide, which can be difficult at times.

I don't really have anymore preparations to update you about. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the money and school work. Finals start in about a week so I'm starting to study for all of them which can be a little stressful. I am lucky that I just have 1 final each day so they are spaced out and I can study in-between finals.

Prayer Requests:
-All of my team members get the financial support they need to go on the trip.
-Finals as the are quickly approaching. Pray that I won't get too stressed out.
-Amy's (the leader of our trip) stepdad Bill he is recovering from surgery yesterday and while they were doing the surgery they discovered he has cancer. So pray for his healing.
-Ben Backstrom's family and friends. He was a sophomore student at Drake who was killed on Tues.

That's all that I have for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment