Thursday, July 8, 2010

We made it early this morning!!!

The Red Cross is super nice-very similar to a dorm and much different than Botswana. We have beds that came with sheets, pillows, and towels. There’s also a desk and closet- much better than I expected. We met our roommates a bit ago and mine seems very nice. Right now, we're on our first adventure in Addis so we could begin to “get acquainted” with the city. We split into groups with our roommates and went to an internet café so we could check email, etc. The connection is so SLOWWWWW!!! Hopefully, the next time we get to come to a café the connection will be a bit faster!

The ride here was very overwhelming, there are people coming up to us and everyone yelling at us and the mini-bus/taxi things are crazy as well. Everyone drives all over the place so I've found it best not to watch! I'm so glad that the Ethiopians are with us or I would be lost.

I'm enjoying myself a lot right now. It's crazy that I'm actually in Ethiopia. I can't wait to get some rest because I'm pretty worn out from the travels (didn’t sleep much on the plane).

Prayer requests would be for Ashley (one of the leaders). She didn't travel with us because she was admitted into the hospital the night before we left. We're hoping that she'll be able to meet up with us later. Continue to keep our team in prayer as we rest up and find out which sites we will be working out. Prayers for safe travel will also be appreciated J

More later……

No comments:

Post a Comment