Monday, July 26, 2010

Time is going soooo fast!

Hello again,
Thanks for your prayers, I appreciate them all. Keep my teams health in your prayers-I'm getting a cold, a couple of people are just getting over them, and someone else has strep throat. We have definitely been feeling your prayers as our team has become closer and feels much like a family. Today we were just discussing how everyone's prayers have helped there to be no drama between the team of only women-definitely a God thing!
My worksite continues to be wonderful. I love the kids- we've taught them the alphabet, numbers, math, songs, games, and some English. Also, I brought some toys that Jenny (a women I work with at the pharmacy) gave me. Last week we gave the older kids airplanes, which they loved. This week we let them have a choice between 2 toys- a ball that you try and flick in a basket, and a flying disc. God was definitely present as each child got the toy they wanted with only 1 flying disc left over. There are only 5 days left at the worksite so that's a little disappointing.


A group of people is at a worksite with former prostitutes. There is a girl that is 3 or 4, whose mom was a prostitute and brought her to the house. Shortly after coming to the house the girls’ mother left to go back on the street. The women in the house 'adopted' the little girl as their own and have been taking care of her. Anyway, the little girl doesn't have any toys and one of the girls asked me if they could bring a couple of things to her. I gave them a bunny beanie baby and some hair things. They said that she instantly fell in love with the bunny and carries her everywhere. When she goes to the bathroom someone is in charge of watching her. When they come in the morning they have to greet the bunny. Also, all of the women in the house loved the hair things. They put them in their hair and on their wrists. It’s amazing how such small things can bring joy to them!


Again, thank you for your prayers. I'm halfway done with my time in Ethiopia and it's flown by. I'm not sure that I'll be ready to leave this country in 2 weeks. I do know that I'll be ready for some real American food when I get home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment